German Orbital Systems is a Berlin based space technology company focusing on innovative, small satellite missions. With 11 satellites in orbit, we are one of the most quickly developing NewSpace companies in Germany. Our customers include companies, universities and governmental institutions.
Multiple new projects will be kicked off in 2022. They will involve the development of a new missions and satellite components. Existing systems will have to undergo a redesign in order to meet the high requirements of the next gen platform. To achieve our 2022 goals, we are on the hunt for a Senior Electrical Engineer to develop our next missions.
At GOS you will have the opportunity to work with a experienced team of engineers, building our upcoming hardware solutions for spacecrafts. You will design different satellite systems and contribute your part to our success.
Hardware development for the GOS 3U, 6U and 12U CubeSats:
- Satellite subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification.
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving existing electrical designs.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Maintaining electrical equipment.
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer, Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; MSc is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with hardware development
- 2+ years of experience with designing and implementing of analog, digital or mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software, Altium Designer knowledge
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, enthusiasm for the team’s spirit
- Hands on experience troubleshooting PCBs
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Excellent team-working skills
- Experience handling expensive sensitive electronic components (Cleanroom best practices)
- Soldering knowledge
Benefits of working at GOS:
- Live and work in Berlin
- Be part of launch campaigns in 2022/23
- Pick your own work computer
- Office snacks and drinks, Pub Trivia, and a complimentary free day on April 12th!