German Orbital Systems is a Berlin based space technology company focusing on innovative, small satellite missions. With 10 satellites in orbit, we are one of the most quickly developing NewSpace companies in Germany. Our customers include companies, universities and governmental institutions.
Multiple new projects will be kicked off in 2021. They will involve the development of a new missions and satellite components. Existing systems will have to undergo a redesign in order to meet the high requirements of the next gen platform. To achieve our 2021 goals, we are on the hunt for a Embedded Software Engineer to develop our next missions.
At GOS you will have the opportunity to work with a experienced team of engineers, building our upcoming software solutions for spacecrafts. You will design different software applications and contribute your part to our success.
Software development for the GOS 6U, 8U and 12U based CubeSats:
- Provide experience for the design and implementation of embedded software systems and spacecraft onboard processing.
- Write high quality structured bare metal software for embedded applications for space and ground segment for satellites missions.
- Support and improve existing software and build/deploy/upgrade processes for embedded targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with embedded software development using C, C++, python
- Understanding of embedded software principles and ability to contribute to design sessions.
- Strong skills in development, debugging, performance optimization and testing.
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Excellent team-working skills
- Experience handling expensive electronic components (ESD and Cleanroom best practices)
Benefits of working at GOS:
- Live and work in Berlin
- Be part of launch campaigns in 2020/21
- Pick your own work computer
- Office snacks and drinks, Pub Trivia, and a complimentary free day on April 12th!