German Orbital Systems is a Berlin based space technology company focusing on innovative, small satellite missions. With 11 satellites in orbit, we are one of the most quickly developing NewSpace companies in Germany. Our customers include companies, universities and governmental institutions.
Multiple new projects will be kicked off in 2022. They will involve the development of a new missions and satellite components. Existing systems will have to undergo a redesign in order to meet the high requirements of the next gen platform. To achieve our 2022 goals, we are on the hunt for a Systems Engineer to develop our next missions.
At GOS you will have the opportunity to work with a experienced team of engineers, building our upcoming missions and spacecrafts. You will design different mission segments and contribute your part to our success.
Mechanical design for the GOS 3U, 6U and 12U based CubeSats:
- Design of satellite mechanical components.
- Rapid prototyping of mechanical components (3D printing)
- Design, development and manufacturing support of satellite structures and mechanical subsystems
- Design of satellite testing equipment (MGSE).
- 2D engineering drawing preparation and cooperation with manufacturing companies
- Simple structural calculations
- Take a hands-on role with assembly, integration, and testing
- Launch campaign support, launch site operations
- Support on proposals by providing different concepts of mechanical components and CubeSat configurations.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience building mission-critical hardware and supporting hardware testing
- Solid knowledge of the production elements, materials, manufacturing, mechanics of materials, structures, and mechanisms.
- Experience preparing engineering drawings
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- At least 2-years of experience in 3D modelling in SolidWorks
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Excellent team-working skills
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in space systems engineering, spacecraft and mission design
- Experience in structural/thermal FEA simulations
- Knowledge about thermal design and heat radiation is an advantage
Benefits of working at GOS:
- Live and work in Berlin
- Be part of launch campaigns in 2022/23
- Pick your own work computer
- Office snacks and drinks, Pub Trivia, and a complimentary free day on April 12th!