German Orbital Systems is a Berlin based space technology company focusing on innovative, small satellite missions. With 10 satellites in orbit, we are one of the most quickly developing NewSpace companies in Germany. Our customers include companies, universities and governmental institutions.
Multiple new projects will be kicked off in 2020. They will involve the development of a new, much more capable satellite bus. All existing first-gen systems will have to undergo a redesign in order to meet the high requirements of the next gen platform.
To achieve our 2020 goals, we are on the hunt for a Senior Hardware/Electrical engineer to develop our spacecraft hardware.
At GOS you will have the opportunity to work with a small team of engineers, building our upcoming spacecrafts. You will design different subsystems from schematics to layout and contribute your part to our success.
Design new subsystems for the GOS 6U and 12U busses:
- Upscaling of the Electrical Power Subsystem from 3U to 6U and 12U
- Development of customer specific PCBs for ongoing missions, including systems for Launch Vehicles
- Production and bring-up of the new designs
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ yr. experience with circuit board design
- experience with Altium designer or other PCB tools
- Hands on experience in PCB bring-up
- Embedded programming skills
- Experience with MIL-1553 Bus
Benefits of working at GOS:
- Live and work in Berlin
- Be part of launch campaigns in 2020/21
- Pick your own work computer
- Office snacks and drinks, Pub Trivia, and a complimentary free day on April 12th!