German Orbital Systems is a Berlin based space technology company focusing on innovative, small satellite missions. With 10 satellites in orbit, we are one of the most quickly developing NewSpace companies in Germany. Our customers include companies, universities and governmental institutions.
Multiple new projects will be kicked off in 2021. They will involve the development of a new missions and satellite components. Existing systems will have to undergo a redesign in order to meet the high requirements of the next gen platform. To achieve our 2021 goals, we are on the hunt for a Algorithm Research Engineer to develop our next software algorithms.
At GOS you will have the opportunity to work with a experienced team of engineers, building our upcoming software solutions for spacecrafts. You will design different software applications and contribute your part to our success.
Software development for the GOS 6U, 8U and 12U based CubeSats:
- Develop complex solution optimization algorithms for multi-variable environment.
- Develop test conditions and infrastructure to test algorithms performance.
- Conduct algorithms development, test, evaluation, and adjustment loop to develop and constantly improve it.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with research task or any tasks without commonly known approach
- Good experience with scripting languages, preferably python or lua.
- Good understanding of GNU tools and Linux infrastructure.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Experience with Embedded development (RPI, bare metal)
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Understanding of the programming best practices.
- It’s good to have experience with neural networks, but it’s not a neural network based development.
Benefits of working at GOS:
- Live and work in Berlin
- Be part of launch campaigns in 2020/21
- Pick your own work computer
- Office snacks and drinks, Pub Trivia, and a complimentary free day on April 12th!